When to use
- To break users out of their flow to complete an action.
- To present simple choices or small bits of information.
When not to use
- You have more complex or structured information—use a modal.
- To keep current screen in focus or not block content on wide screens—use a popover.
- For temporary messages without actions—use a toast.
Open on user action
Allow users to close
Warn about destructive actions
Keep it simple
Make action clear from title
Add a meal?
Edit passenger name
Are you sure you want to remove your insurance?
Edit passenger name for this itinerary