When to use
- To keep content off the initial screen but still only a tap away.
- For details not necessary to the main flow.
- To support progressive disclosure.
When not to use
- For structured information to show one section at a time—use an accordion.
- For information and/or actions outside the scope of the screen—use a popover.
- For explanations connected to specific elements—use a tooltip.
- For actions outside the main flow—use a dialog (for simple choices) or a modal (for more structure or options).
Use for less essential information
Make content clear from label
What different kinds of transport to search
How many stops are OK?
Read more (about the principles behind collapse components)