Enables users to skip directly to primary content in any component.
When to use
- To optimize for accessibility for people who navigate in a non-visual way.
- To let users skip directly to the content that interests them.
- Within complex content, such as cards and itinerary results with multiple actions.
- To satisfy WCAG2.0 Criterion 2.4.1.
When not to use
- To offer skip links from the top of a page—use a SkipNavigation component.
- To offer additional actions—use a SkipNavigation component.
Skip repeated content
Content that repeats on many screens, such as navigation, is easy to skip when you know where it ends. That’s clear when the content is visual. But users need something else when they don’t have visual cues.
Offer links to skip repeated content so everyone can get to the content they’re interested in.
This is enormously helpful for people who go through your content in the order it’s presented. Without the option to skip, they have to go through irrelevant content to get to what they want. Skipping options lets them find content by what’s important to them, not where it is on the page.